- This event has passed.
Navigating the Gig Economy
January 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 pmFree
The ‘gig economy’ is an effective way entrepreneurs make money by selling their skills on an ad hoc, project-based basis. Social Media, Data Visualization, and Graphic Design, among others, are skills that are in hot demand, that when combined with the right set of tools can lead to an active side or main business.
In this webinar, we’ll explore the tools, tricks, and techniques needed to effectively and efficiently earn money in the gig economy. We’ll examine how to leverage public information to be competitive in this ever-growing economy.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to Navigate Gig platforms, like Fiverr
- Where to price your time and projects
- To create an effective sales pitch to help you close jobs
Who Should Attend:
- Entrepreneurs trying to build their skill-based business
- Individuals looking to make side income via gigs
- Students looking to get paid for their skills
This workshop will be facilitated by Kevin Tacchino, Consulting Manager at the Widener SBDC. Kevin helps entrepreneurs design and test marketing strategies that accelerate their business growth. He leads focused, action-oriented growth sprints with clients related to business planning and modeling techniques, pricing, and marketing.