- This event has passed.
Resources for Women-Owned Businesses & Aspiring Entrepreneurs
October 27 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Join us on Tuesday, October 27th from 1 PM – 2:30 PM for a virtual webinar covering the “Resources for Women-Owned Businesses & Aspiring Entrepreneurs” hosted by DCED’s Business One-Stop Shop Office and Pennsylvania’s Commission for Women.
Speakers will include Chatham University’s Center for Women’s Entrepreneurship, PA Department of General Services, U.S. Small Business Administration, PA Small Business Development Center, Woman’s Business Enterprise Council, and Women’s Opportunities Resource Center.
The webinar will discuss an overview of the services that each respective organization provides to women-owned businesses (current and prospective). After a brief presentation from each organization, there will be an open discussion forum. The discussion will be led by questions from the audience, so please come prepared with any questions you may have!
Topics of Discussion
- Counseling Services: Learn what services each organization provides including various counseling resources to assist business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs with any type of problem they may encounter. Specifically, each organization has experience working directly with woman-owned businesses, so they understand the unique challenges that woman-owned businesses and women entrepreneurs face.
- Woman-Owned Business Certification: Learn how to certify as a woman-owned business as well as the advantages that come with the certification.
- Funding: Learn how each organization fits into the funding environment. Learn what resources are available and how to take advantage of them.
- Government Contracting: Learn what opportunities are available as a government contractor. Several organizations are deeply involved with assisting woman-owned businesses obtain government contracts.
- Professional Services: Learn what resources are available to woman-owned businesses including market research, tax, legal, accounting, and various others.
- Open Discussion: The forum will be opened to the audience so please bring any questions that you have, regardless of the topic.