- This event has passed.
Strategic Planning in a Small Business: Tips and Tools
January 18 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This session will walk through practical and easy to implement strategic planning tips and tools for the small business owner. We’ll examine some common mistakes made when approaching strategic planning and how to customize the planning process to meet your business goals.
- Revie principles of Alignment, Integration & transparency
- Review several standard approaches to strategic planning
- Review common mistakes in strategic planning
- People, Process, Projects
- Role and importance of analytics: Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Review resources available in the “strategic planning and operations kit”
This training event will be presented by Towhee V. Shupka, VP Workforce Initiatives at Cultiva Global Solutions.
Ms. Shupka is veteran workforce planning and human resource strategist with decades of experience working with small to mid-size organizations, assisting with strategy setting and execution. She is a skilled presenter and master trainer in a number of business and people operations areas, specializing in human capital management and strategic planning. A native to New England, she, her husband and 2 canine kiddos now reside in Alexandria VA where she consults for several HR and workforce consultancies when she’s not cooking, traveling or attending Dave Matthews Band concerts.